SWOON.

In case you’ve been wondering where the heck I have been lately, let me give you a little update.  A couple weeks back I posted a very cryptic message asking for thoughts and prayers but wasn’t ready to talk about what was going on.  Well, here we are almost three weeks later and I would love to fill you all in—  a few Friday’s back Jonathan found out that his company was closing several clinics nationwide and his was one of the ones getting cut.  We were shocked and devastated and mostly confused.  This was the job that we prayed and prayed about, and if any of you keep up with me regularly here you will know that I wrote a lot about it, and so many of YOU prayed he would find the perfect position.  So when he did, we knew it was a major blessing, straight from God.  When we found out it was going away, a mere 6 months after taking it— and after purchasing a home (hello mortgage payment) and being three months away from having a baby (hi, insurance) we were dumbfounded.

Fast forward to today:  Jonathan’s job ends Friday.  Thankfully, he has found temporary PT employment.  So basically, he is “traveling” like we did when we moved around, except the job is in our current town so we can stay put and the insurance will cover me immediately so we don’t have to worry about having the baby.  It’s a huge answer to pray because during that first week we (okay, mostly me) were a little panicked over the situation.  This still isn’t a permanent solution and we are continuing to pray and seek and listen to where the Lord wants Jonathan and our family.  For now though, we are rejoicing over the fact that while so many people in this country get layed off and sit without work for weeks and years, Jonathan managed to secure a position and will not have an lapse of employment.  That is pretty amazing and we trust that the Lord has a bigger plan for us in all of this.

Besides dealing with that stress over the past weeks, I have been growing my what feels like the hour with this baby. Yesterday he weighed just under three pounds and at 28weeks I am officially into my third trimester.  We are working hard on finishing the updates to the house before he gets here and that has been taking much of my free time.  I love this blog of  mine, but its such a busy season of life and I feel like enjoying my days (and naps!) has taken precedent over this space.

ALSO, I have been shooting some amazing things lately.  Above is a little taste of a styled bridal shoot and everything about it was perfection.  I have handfuls of sessions to share and hope to get caught up within the next week here!  Tomorrow I will be blogging some photos of our home renovations so far and some randoms so you will really get a glimpse as to what our lives have been like lately!

I hope everyone is having a fantastic Wednesday!

Share this PostPin on PinterestShare on FacebookTweet about this on TwitterGoogle+Email to someone

Comments

1. says

It’s so scary to know that you are definitely not in control of anything in your life when it’s in God’s hands.
    I had the same thing happen with my husband…he was let go from his job of 5 years and he was unemployed for 4 months and I was pregnant with our second baby (I was 6 months at the time he was let go). But through faith (and after many nights where I felt distressed and woke up crying)…God showed his hand and made us remember that he will never abandon us and that his timing is perfect.

I hope everything continues to go well for your family :) Remember that God will never abandon his children and will continue blessing your family :)

2. says

Ashley, your photos are stunning. I am always amazed by the beautiful work that photographers do.

Praying for you guys. I hope that he will be able to find a permanent position and that the Lord will continue to provide for you guys in this time!

3. says

So stunning.

Ah, God is always good. So confusing and didn’t make sense at first (nor now), but He has it under control. I’m so proud of you for being so trusting– your faith is so encouraging to me! Praise the Lord Jonathan found the other job, just in time for baby boy!

4. says

So happy for you and your family, sweet girl! I saw on instagram that you’ve popped… isn’t it just that much more real and exciting and nerve-wracking once you actually look pregnant? I’m due soon and I can’t believe how much my body has changed in the 3rd trimester!

5. says

So happy for Jonathan’s temp position and hopefully he will find permanent work in due time. Man, we just never know from day to day.

Sweet blessings to you!

6. says

Oh my gosh! Gorgeous photos!! And glad you guy are okay and thankful your husband found employment. Also, very excited to see what God is up to in your lives!

7. says

We are in the same position as you and your husband. My husband (and sole provider for our family of 3) will lose his job come January. His position is getting cut. Thankfully we have time to look for a new position, but it is still very stressful on all of us. I know God will provide because we have been here before and He has always come through for us. I’ll be praying for y’all and God will come through. He always comes through.

8. says

i am so glad that there have been some answers and its not a worse scenario. you are great for being there for jonathan and saying positive!
    i love following your posts and seeing your beautiful images. im looking forward to seeing tomorrows!
    congrats on the THIRD tri mama, already!

9. says

Dear Ashley,
    It goes fast huh? i’m so sorry about the loss of your husbands job but I can tell how much trust you put in you Higher Power.
    Love all your shots!!

10. says

I am sorry to hear about the stress but everything will work out. Just keep your faith! HE is amazing and does not throw out situations that you cannot handle. I will keep you guys in my prayers!

Xo Lourdes