The Color Run San Francisco

“dorks 4 life”

Saturday the husband and I drove into San Francisco to participate in the color run….we had a blast and got covered in color.  If you have no idea what I am talking about then let me explain— the Color Run is a 5k (that is 3.1 miles) “fun run”… meaning people don’t race this, they just go to do it for fun.  Every 1k of the course the participants are blasting with colored cornstarch powder and in the end, the white clothes that everyone starts out in is blasted with rainbow colors.  At the end, everyone throws a personal packet of cornstarch in the air making for some pretty cool pictures (and some serious lung problems… I would know, I breathed some in and…no bueno!) Here are some pictures from the day!

husband post-run

me, after the finish line!

husband getting blasted with pink color

we finished in the first 50 runners out of thousands! wooop!

crowd waiting to start the run…

heading home, permanently stained with color!

I was stained everywhere my shirt didn’t cover!

OW OW.  That is my honey.  His hair was stained pink for the rest of the day, even after swimming and showering.

And, a few videos…. the first one was when we were waiting at the start line to begin the run, and the second one is husband throwing his package of cornstarch on me.  We were some of the first few the finish line and didn’t want to wait for the “finish” party where everyone throws their packet of color into the air.  For one, I didn’t want to breathe that stuff in, and two we knew the traffic trying to leave would be crazy so we had our own little color party and then took off before the swarm descended on the parking lot!

Share this PostPin on PinterestShare on FacebookTweet about this on TwitterGoogle+Email to someone

Comments

1. says

Ahh!! So fun!!! I can’t wait for the DC race!!!! I highly doubt we’ll be in the top 50. And agreed you look awesome!!

2. says

Looks like a blast! Just found out we’re getting one in Houston in November, but I’m already signed up to do a half marathon that day! Total bummer, but maybe next year!

3. says

A group of us did the color run back in the beginning of June and if you ever do it again you should definitely stick around for the wild after party of color. Yes it’s hard to breath for a minute, and yes traffic can be a little bit crazier but it’s so worth it.
    It was a blast!
    Glad you guys had fun, you look great!

4. says

I saw your pictures on Instagram and then looked up info about the color run. I so cannot wait to participate next year in Indy. It looks like SO much fun!

5. says

You just got me so excited!! I am doing the Color Run in November in San Diego. I am so excited!! I saw on Pinterest that you can preserve your shirt by spraying something on it, I think I’m going to do that too. Thought this would be a great 1st 5K!

xoxo Amber
    myobviousobsession.blogspot.com

6. says

That looks like so much fun! Look at you and your gorgeous, fit body! Maybe I should do something from the exercise posts you write instead of just read them..hmm. :)

7. says

I want to do a color run sooo bad! There is one here in NYC in August but I found out too late and it is full :( Looks like you had a blast! I love hubby’s pink hair :-P

8. says

I did it on Saturday too in San Francisco! It was so much fun and we sure got lucly with the weather at Candlestick which is normally the coldest part of the city.
    Here are my photos… http://lifeintheklaaslane.blogspot.com/2012/07/color-run.html

And I agree with the other commentor that if you ever do it again you should stay for the festival, it was the best part of the day. And it only took 5 mins to get out of the parking lot!

9. says

I’m registered for the one on Labor Day in Birmingham and I’m SO excited! I was a little worried about breathin the stuff in! I saw people wearing masks in some of the videos I watched! Did you take your camera with you?

10. says

ahhh that looks SO FUN!! okay, that’s it. next year, i am SO doing that. and dragging the hubby with me!

i love the video when you start to dance, but then the music stops and you pout. ha! i would so have done the exact same thing!
    xo

11. says

Ash this is awesome!! i’m even more excited for the one in November now. I have some friends who ran the one in ATL and they said the pink was the hardest to get off!

Wish you were here to workout with me. I’ve been trying to step it up and need a serious workout partner!!

12. says

I am seriously stoked! Yeah I was reading that it’s high in calories and STARCHY, so I hope I don’t inhale or eat much of it, in novemeber :) Your in good shape,my motivation till then. ;) haha

13. says

love jmans little jig in the video hahaah!!

this looks like a BLAST!!!! I’ve been dying to do one of these but i missed the boston one!!!

i love that you two went and did this together :-) makes me smile!

glad y’all had fun! i want some of that color stuff! hahah

xoxox

14. says

Looks like so much fun! We’re just waiting for them to open the Orlando registration so we can participate in December. Can’t wait!

15. says

I’ve seen these around. I think they are having one in Ft Worth sometime soon! Looks like a ton of fun! I just might have to try it!!!

16. says

The Color Run looks like so much fun! This year they are doing one in Orlando for the first time and I definitely want to join in the fun!

17. says

I ran this in Seattle! It was my first 5k and I was proud of getting to the finish line. My husband ran around Seattle taking pictures of me and my friends as he missed the sign up deadline due to traveling. Glad you had fun!

18. says

Those color runs look so fun! I’m afraid I wouldn’t be able to make it the full 3.1 miles…I’m so out of shape!

Hope you’re having a great week so far :)

<3 Jamie

19. says

I am SO jealous! I wanted to do the Color Run in Orlando, FL (closest to me) but it is the same weekend I’m getting married. Looks like you guys had a blast! And I wish I was in the shape you are in but of course I have not been running or working out lately…darn job getting in the way! LOL